Khichdi mix 100g
Khichdi or Khichri i a classic of Indian and Ayurvedic cuisine - easy to digest, rich in protein and, of course, very tasty!
is a bit unusual - other legumes have been chosen instead of the traditional mung dal or lentils: sweet lupine and peanuts - to provide more protein and a pleasant texture, creamy and crunchy at the same time. Other ingredients are basmati rice, vegetables,
Himalayan pink salt
and Indian curry spices. The spiciness is mild - chili lovers can add a good pinch of chili powder or a fresh chili pod.
Cooking is easy: boil water, pour in the mix, put the lid on and let it simmer for 20 minutes without stirring (very important - not stirring at all!).
If you wish - add fresh vegetables at the beginning of cooking; while serving - sprinkle with greens, sprinkle with lemon juice or add fresh tomatoes. Khichdi also goes very well with plain yoghurt / kefir (yes, also with vegan ones) - a royal meal is ready! From 100g of the mixture comes 1 large portion of the main course, or 2 portions if you serve the Khichdi as a side dish.
Ingredients: basmati rice 53%, legumes 37% (crushed lupini beans and peanuts), a mixture of vegetables and spices (in varying proportions: carrots, tomatoes, sweet peppers, celery, coriander, turmeric, onions, garlic, walnut, cayenne chili, cumin, black pepper, dill, parsley), Himalayan pink salt.
100g of mix contains:
338kcal / 1409 kJ
fat 7.8g, of which saturated 1.4g
carbohydrates 45.4 g, of which sugars 1.4 g
- Handmade in Latvia
- Excellent taste
without renunciation aftertaste - "Gardais" in Latvian means "The tasty"
- High nutritional value — often better than traditional products
- Quality ingredients — natural, as much as possible produced and bought local and directly from farmers, thus supporting local business
- Easy to cook or ready to eat
- Production and packaging are as much as possible sustainable and environmentally friendly
- Suited for vegans, and also people with egg, milk, fish, honey and other animal origin products intolerance